These are light moist muffins with a peanut butter taste that kids will love. The nuts are optional.
1 small banana
1 cup low fat buttermilk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter mini muffin pans. In a large bowl, add banana. Mash banana. Add all remaining ingredients except flour. Beat until smooth. Add flour and stir until blended. Add nuts if desired. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20 30 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Serves 36 mini-muffins
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 55 Fat, gm. 2 Protein, gm. 2 Carbs, gm. 8 Cholesterol, mg. 8 Fiber, gm. 0.3
- November 8, 2004: Donna's Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffin
- November 8, 2004: Donna's Peanut Butter Granola Mix
- November 8, 2004: Donna's Pasta Toss with Chicken and Spinach in Peanut Sauce
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs