This is a wonderful pie that will receive rave reviews. Make it easy and save calories using only one pre-made pie crust. Enjoy fresh peaches when they are in season.
1 - 9 inch pie crust 4 cups frozen or fresh peach slices (4 large or 8 small fresh peaches) * 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or white sugar 1 egg 1/3 cup flour 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust into 9 inch deep pie pan. Peel peaches. Cut into thin slices and then cut each slice into 1 inch pieces. Place in large bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice. Stir to mix. Spoon into pie crust.
In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and Splenda. Beat until smooth. Add egg and beat well. Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Using a spoon, drop batter on top of peaches. Smooth with a knife. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until pie crust is brown and batter is set.
Note: If using fresh peaches, cut away the fibrous red material in the middle of the peach. If using frozen peaches, cut them into 1 inch pieces for better baking.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 250 Fat, gm.: 14 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 28 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 1.2
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer