What a great summer treat! It may become your favorite peach dessert recipe. I like it better than most cobblers because it is light, moist and has a cake-like texture.
3 medium fresh peaches, peeled and pitted 1 cup fresh blueberries 2 tablespoons sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or additional 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Batter 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup flour 3/4 cup fat-free milk
Topping 3/4 cup boiling water 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. Thinly slice peaches and place in large bowl. Add blueberries. Combine sugar, Splenda, and cinnamon. Sprinkle on fruit and stir to coat well. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat well. Add vanilla, baking powder and salt. Alternately add flour and milk and beat well. Spoon into baking pan.
Top with peaches and blueberries. Bring water to a boil in a small pan. Add butter and stir until melted. Pour water over the fruit. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown on top and filling is bubbling.
Let set 30 minutes before serving.
Note: Frozen peaches and blueberries can be used in place of fresh fruit.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 240 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 5 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 1.1
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam