This is a beautiful combination of colors and flavors. Serve it with fish, poultry, or pork. The leftovers can be combined with fresh spinach leaves to make a wonderful summer salad.
2 large fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and diced 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced 1 large red pepper, diced 1/2 cup chopped sweet or red onions 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, optional
1/4 cup honey 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine peaches, avocado, red pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small jar. Cover and shake to mix well. Pour over peach and avocado mixture. Gently stir to mix. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Mangos can be substituted for the peaches.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 95 Fat, gm. 4 Protein, gm. 1 Carb. gm. 14 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 1.3
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend