The combination of peaches and raspberries with a light crumb topping is irresistible. It will bring back memories of Grandmother's house.
Filling 1 cup sugar 2 large eggs, lightly beaten 2 tablespoons flour 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon allspice 16 ounces frozen peach slices 16 ounces frozen loose-packed raspberries
Topping 1 1/2 cup flour 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup butter or margarine, cut in small pieces 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/4 cup fat-free milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 3 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine sugar, 2 eggs, flour, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix well.
Add peaches and raspberries. Stir gently to mix. Spoon into baking dish. In a small bowl, combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, and butter. Using a knife or pastry blender, cut in butter until it resembles course cornmeal. Combine 1 egg, milk, and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Crumble mixture over the fruit. Sprinkle 3 tablespoon sugar on top. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 345 Fat, gm. 7 Protein, gm. 4 Carbs, gm. 63 Cholesterol, mg. 70 Fiber, gm. 2.7
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program