This is a colorful attractive dish with a flavorful peanut sauce. Add hot sauce to suit your taste.
8 ounces penne pasta
1 teaspoon peanut oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup chopped green onion
1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 pound sliced mushroom
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons rice vinegar or lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon red curry paste or hot pepper sauce, optional
8 ounces fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat peanut and sesame oils. Add chicken and cook over medium heat until brown and thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan and cut in bite sized pieces. Set aside. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic to the pan. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat and add soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, and sugar. Mix 1 cup of broth with cornstarch. Pour into skillet. Return skillet to heat, stir to mix and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 ? 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add curry powder or hot sauce if desired. Add chicken and cooked pasta to the skillet. Stir to mix. Add additional broth to thin to the desired consistency. Heat through. When ready to serve, add spinach and cook 1 ? 2 minutes or just until spinach is wilted. Garnish with parsley.
Note: Add the amount of red curry paste or hot pepper sauce to suit your taste. Start with a little and add more if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 500 Fat, gm. 11 Protein, gm. 47 Carbs, gm. 56 Cholesterol, mg. 65 Fiber, gm. 6.5
- November 8, 2004: Donna's Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffin
- November 8, 2004: Donna's Peanut Butter Granola Mix
- November 8, 2004: Donna's Pasta Toss with Chicken and Spinach in Peanut Sauce
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs