Make your own guilt-free fries or chips from healthful sweet potatoes and enjoy the Packer game!
2 tablespoons canola oil 1 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin dash Kosher salt 4 large sweet potatoes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with oil spray.
Potato strips: In a gallon-size, zip-lock bag, combine oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin strips. Add to bag. Close bag and toss potatoes in oil mixture until evenly coated.
Place potato strips in a single layer on baking pan.
Bake for 20 minutes and check potatoes. If additional time is needed, continue to bake for 5 - 10 minutes but watch carefully to prevent burning. Turn potatoes occasionally with tongs during the baking period. The potatoes will not be crisp. Serve while still warm.
Potato chips: Peel potatoes and slice in very thin slices. Place in a single layer on foil-lined and greased baking pan. Combine oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt in a small jar or pitcher. Drizzle potato slices with a small amount of seasoned oil mixture. Spread oil thinly and evenly with a pastry brush.
Bake for 8 ? 10 minutes depending on thickness of the chips. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Serve while still warm.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 15 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.0
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says