Can an oven fried chicken really be wonderfully crisp on the outside without high calorie frying? Try this unique combination for the breading and you will be pleasantly surprised.
1 cup rice krispies cereal 2 ounces (1 cup crumbled) roasted garlic melba toast 3/4 cup low fat sour cream 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard dash hot pepper sauce 4 boned and skinned chicken breasts or chicken pieces of your choice salt and pepper butter spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place cookie racks in baking pan. Spray racks with cooking oil spray.
In a small food processor, combine rice krispies and crumbled melba toast. Process until finely ground. Place mixture in shallow bowl.
In another shallow bowl, combine sour cream, mustard, and hot sauce. Stir to mix. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken pieces in bowl of sour cream. Place chicken in bowl of crumbs and coat all sides of each piece in the crumbs.
Place on baking rack. Lightly coat top of chicken with butter spray. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until well browned and cooked through.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 190 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 23 Carbs, gm.: 18 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 0.1
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood