When salmon is so easy and so good, enjoy it often. You will also get the health benefits of the high amount of omega-3 fats in the salmon.
1/2 cup orange juice 1/4 cup orange marmalade 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 pounds salmon fillets
Combine orange juice, orange marmalade, and soy sauce in a large zip lock bag. Add salmon, refrigerate, and marinate for 20 minutes or until ready to serve. The salmon can be either grilled or baked.
To grill, preheat grill. Remove salmon from marinade and grill over medium heat until each piece is brown on both sides and cooked through.
To bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Remove salmon from marinade and bake for 5 minutes. Spoon marinade over salmon and return to bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until salmon is completely done. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Note: Salmon fillets usually have skin on one side. The skin comes off very easily after the salmon is cooked. Although the skin is harder to remove when the fish is raw, I prefer to do that if I have time. This allows the marinade to flavor both sides of the salmon.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 315 Fat, gm. 7 Protein, gm. 46 Carbs, gm. 17 Cholesterol, mg. 120 Fiber, gm. 0.2
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs