Sometimes simple is best. Try this easy salad with any grilled chicken, meat, or fish.
6 large oranges or 4 cups orange slices 1 medium fennel head (sometimes called anise) 1/2 cup fresh blueberries 2 tablespoons olive oil
Peel and section oranges. Reserve any orange juice that accumulates. Place orange sections and juice in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the bulb portion of the fennel head. Add sliced fennel and blueberries to the bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Place on serving plates and garnish with the feathery green leaves of the fennel.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 140 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 19 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 3.6
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry