Sometimes simple is best. Try this easy salad with any grilled chicken, meat or fish.
6 large oranges or 4 cups orange slices 1 medium fennel head (sometimes called anise) 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Dressing1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Peel and section oranges. Reserve any orange juice that accumulates. Place orange sections and juice in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the bulb portion of the fennel head. Add sliced fennel and blueberries to the bowl.
Use a small food processor or hand held immersion blender to combine dressing ingredients. Add any accumulated orange juice. Mix well. Set aside.
Arrange orange sections, fennel and blueberries on individual serving plates. Garnish with the feathery green leaves of the fennel. Drizzle with dressing
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 140 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 19 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm. 3.6
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement