Sometimes simple is best. Try this easy salad with any grilled chicken, meat or fish.
6 large oranges or 4 cups orange slices 1 medium fennel head (sometimes called anise) 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Dressing1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Peel and section oranges. Reserve any orange juice that accumulates. Place orange sections and juice in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the bulb portion of the fennel head. Add sliced fennel and blueberries to the bowl.
Use a small food processor or hand held immersion blender to combine dressing ingredients. Add any accumulated orange juice. Mix well. Set aside.
Arrange orange sections, fennel and blueberries on individual serving plates. Garnish with the feathery green leaves of the fennel. Drizzle with dressing
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 140 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 19 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm. 3.6
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart