Try this healthful cabbage slaw with a tasty but low fat dressing.
16 ounces shredded cabbage 1 cup shredded carrots
Dressing 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk 4 tablespoons sugar or Splenda 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon celery seed, optional salt and pepper to taste
Place shredded cabbage and carrots in large bowl. In a small bowl, combine milk, sugar, and vinegar. Using a hand held blender, mix until smooth. Add celery seed, salt, and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over cabbage. Stir until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving if prepared with sugar:
Calories: 60 Fat, gm.: 1.5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 11 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 1.3
Nutritional Information per serving if prepared with Splenda:
Calories: 40 Fat, gm.: 1.5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 6 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 1.3
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say