Everyone loves this old-time favorite sweet treat!
1/2 cup lite corn syrup 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup peanut butter 3 cups rice krispies cereal 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup butterscotch chips*
Butter a 9 x 9 inch pan. In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Mix well. Add cereal and stir until evenly coated. Spoon into pan. Smooth the top.
In a small non-stick skillet, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Stir to mix and spread on top of bars. Cool until firm.
*The butterscotch chips are necessary to combine with the chocolate chips for a softer smoother topping. Peanut butter could be substituted for the chips if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 1.5 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.6
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam