The cinnamon and sugar tops off a muffin with a homemade aroma and taste. What a great way to enjoy oatmeal!
1 cup oatmeal 1 cup buttermilk 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon cardamom 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins. Choose either regular or mini muffin tins.
In a small bowl combine oatmeal and buttermilk. Set aside. In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar together. Add egg and beat well. Stir in the oatmeal and milk. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add flour and stir just until well mixed. (Vigorous stirring make tough muffins.). Spoon into muffin pans, filling cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly brown.
Note: This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Makes 24 mini muffins or 12 regular muffins
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 85 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 2 Carbs, gm. 13 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.4
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash