This is a great little extra appetizer that you can make ahead. I like the combination of mild tasty mushrooms with the zesty olives. This was adapted from the recipe that Linda Narveson?s from Dodgeville shared with us.
1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 8 ounces finely chopped mushrooms 1/3 cup finely chopped pitted pimiento stuffed green olives 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup low fat sour cream Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add olives, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and sour cream. Stir until well mixed. Heat through and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place in serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve warm or cold.
Serve with crackers.
Nutritional Information per serving (without the crackers):
Calories 45 Fat, gm. 2 Protein, gm. 2 Carbs, gm. 5 Cholesterol, mg. 5 Fiber, gm. 1.0
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets