Do you remember coming home from school to the smells of fresh molasses cookies?
1/2 cup molasses 1 cup trans-fat free shortening 1-1/2 cups sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoons ginger 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon cloves 2-1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3-1/2 cups flour 2 tablespoons sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets.
In a large bowl, combine molasses, shortening and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Add flour and mix on low speed until blended. Form dough into small 1 inch balls and dip tops in sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake for 7 - 9 minutes or just until done. Do not over bake. Let cookies remain on baking sheet for 1 -2 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool.
Serves 70 cookies
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 75 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 1 Carb. gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber: 0.1
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart