Do you remember coming home from school to the smells of fresh molasses cookies?
1/2 cup molasses 1 cup trans-fat free shortening 1-1/2 cups sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoons ginger 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon cloves 2-1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3-1/2 cups flour 2 tablespoons sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets.
In a large bowl, combine molasses, shortening and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Add flour and mix on low speed until blended. Form dough into small 1 inch balls and dip tops in sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake for 7 - 9 minutes or just until done. Do not over bake. Let cookies remain on baking sheet for 1 -2 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool.
Serves 70 cookies
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 75 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 1 Carb. gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber: 0.1
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees