Do you remember coming home from school to the smells of fresh molasses cookies?
1 cup butter flavored shortening 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 cup molasses 2 eggs 1 teaspoon salt 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons ginger 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon cloves 1 teaspoon cinnamon 4 cups flour 1/4 cup sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses and mix well. Add eggs and mix well. Add salt, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon and mix well.
Add flour and mix on low speed until blended. Roll dough into small balls and dip tops in sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 - 10 minutes or just until done. Do not over bake. Cool on wire rack.
Serves 60 cookies
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 90 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 1 Carb. gm. 14 Cholesterol, mg. 5 Fiber low
Mom's Update Recipe Box
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors