These are not your ordinary tacos. Make them special with mashed potatoes and any sautéed vegetables of your choice.
4 medium potatoes, mashed 1/2 pound lean ground beef 1 medium red pepper 1 medium green pepper 1 medium onion 1/2 cup shredded carrots 4 ounces reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese salt and pepper to taste 8 flour tortilla, 6 inch
Prepare mashed potatoes.*
In a medium skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Add vegetables and continue to cook until vegetables are tender and ground beef is thoroughly cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a small skillet, heat each tortilla until warm. Spread tortilla with a layer of mashed potatoes. Add a portion of the vegetables. To serve, fold in half.
* Mashed potatoes can be prepared from boiled or baked potatoes. Making the mashed potatoes from a box of commercial dried potatoes is also an option.
Serves 4 (2 tacos per serving)
Nutritional Information per serving (2 tacos):
Calories: 370 Fat, gm.: 13 Protein, gm.: 25 Carbs, gm.: 38 Cholesterol, mg.: 65 Fiber, gm.: 4.6
- State sues Milwaukee stores over synthetic marijuana
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after former state governor
- Teacher suspended over documentary returns to work
- 70-year-old Madison man, cops return young tourist's purse full of cash
- Cigarette look-alike cigars likely to get tax increase
- UW Health water aerobics class for deaf people breaks down barriers