A touch a maple syrup makes the squash special.
- 2 boxes (12 ounces each) frozen cooked squash*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth, optional
Butter an 8 cup baking dish. Thaw squash and place in baking dish. Add maple syrup, butter, and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well. Add chicken broth to thin to desired consistency if needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, warm in a medium hot oven or in the microwave until heated through.
Note: Cooked fresh mashed butternut squash or cooked mashed sweet potatoes can be substituted for the frozen squash.
- Calories 90
- Fat, gm. 3
- Protein, gm. 1
- Carbs, gm. 15
- Cholesterol, mg. 0
- Fiber, gm. 1
Donna L. Weihofen, R.D., M.S. Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing