A touch of maple syrup makes these sweet potatoes special.
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoons fat-free chicken broth
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in salted boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Add butter, broth, maple syrup, and nutmeg. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Add additional broth or maple syrup for desired consistency and sweetness. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat through before serving.
Note: Butternut squash can be substituted for the sweet potatoes.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 3
Protein, gm. 1
Carbs, gm. 29
Cholesterol, mg. 5
Fiber, gm. 2.8
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say