These potatoes are wonderful. Even when made days ahead of time, the potatoes taste like you just made them. Good to keep on hand in the refrigerator for a quick warming whenever you are in the mood for great mashed potatoes. The white pepper is an essential ingredient.
5 large russet potatoes (2 ½ pounds), peeled and quartered 1/2 cup fat free milk 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese 1/8 teaspoon white pepper salt to taste
In a large saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, milk, sour cream, cream cheese, and white pepper. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Add extra milk if needed for a smooth light consistency. Add additional pepper and salt to taste. Transfer potatoes to a lightly buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate.
On the day of serving, bring to room temperature and heat potatoes in 350 degree oven until hot - about 30 minutes. Time will depend on the size of the casserole dish. The potatoes can also be reheated in a microwave.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 150 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 6 Carb. gm.: 30 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 2.3
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later