These potatoes are wonderful. Even when made days ahead of time, the potatoes taste like you just made them.
Good to keep on hand in the refrigerator for a quick warming whenever you are in the mood for great mashed potatoes. The white pepper is an essential ingredient.
- 5 large russet potatoes (2 ½ pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fat free milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup fat-free or reduced fat sour cream
- 3 ounces fat-free or reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
In a large saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, milk, sour cream, cream cheese, and white pepper.
Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Add extra milk if needed for a smooth light consistency. Add additional pepper and salt to taste. Transfer potatoes to a lightly buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate.
On the day of serving, bring to room temperature and heat potatoes in 350 degree oven until hot - about 30 minutes. Time will depend on the size of the casserole dish. The potatoes can also be reheated in a microwave.
- Calories 150
- Fat, gm. 0
- Protein, gm. 6
- Carb. gm. 30
- Cholesterol, mg. 5
- Fiber 2.3
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan