Create a pasta salad with any shaped macaroni and add a variety of colorful fresh vegetables, beans, and olives.
8 ounces macaroni, tortellini or other pasta of your choice 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped 6 medium radishes, finely chopped 2 medium zucchini, finely chopped 1 medium red onion, finely chopped 1 cup broccoli florets 1 cup cherry tomatoes 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can (15 ounces) black olives, drained 1 cup chopped fresh basil
Dressing1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon dried basil 2 teaspoons sugar salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, cook pasta in salted boiling water just until al dente. Drain and chill under cold running water. Place in a large bowl. Add all vegetables, beans, olives, and basil.
In a small food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over macaroni and vegetables. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: choose any pasta shape of your choice and any variety of fresh vegetables.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 300 Fat, gm. 12 Protein, gm. 8 Carbs, gm. 40 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 5
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people