Cheesecakes are usually decadent but this one is a surprise. It is creamy and delicious but calories and fat have been significantly reduced. It has a wonderful fresh lemon flavor.
1 graham cracker pie crust
Cheese Cake 1-3/4 cups cottage cheese, 2% fat 8 ounces Neufchatel reduced fat cream cheese 1 cup fat-free or reduced fat sour cream 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or additional sugar 3 eggs 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup flour 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 teaspoon lemon zest 1/4 cup poppy seeds
Prepare graham cracker crust according to package directions. Press graham cracker mixture into a deep 10 inch pie pan. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place cottage cheese and Neufchatel cheese in food processor and blend until very smooth. Add sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, flour, vanilla and eggs. Process until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.* Bake for 75?90 minutes or until set in the middle. Chill well before serving. Serve with fresh fruit.
*Note: If there is too much cheesecake mixture to fit into your pie pan, bake the extra batter in a small individual soufflé cup or dish.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 285 Fat, gm.: 12 Protein, gm.: 10 Carbs, gm.: 35 Cholesterol, mg.: 65 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK