This is a very moist cake that is even better the next day. Color the coconut to fit the occasion. Of course for St. Patrick?s Day, color it green!
1 package (18 ounces) white cake mix 1 cup water 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/3 cup canola oil 3/4 cup Egg Beaters or 3 eggs 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1 cup coconut flakes
Frosting: 1 can (12 ounces) white whipped frosting 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, to taste 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, optional 1 cup coconut flakes 1/4 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, lemon juice, oil, and eggs. Beat well with electric beater for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans and 1 cup coconut. Stir to mix. Pour into baking pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Cool.
Combine frosting with desired amount of lemon extract and coconut extract if desired. Spread frosting on cake and sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Top with pecans.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 310 Fat, gm.: 16 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 37 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes