This is a very moist cake that is even better the next day. Color the coconut to fit the occasion. Of course for St. Patrick?s Day, color it green!
1 package (18 ounces) white cake mix 1 cup water 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/3 cup canola oil 3/4 cup Egg Beaters or 3 eggs 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1 cup coconut flakes
Frosting: 1 can (12 ounces) white whipped frosting 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, to taste 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, optional 1 cup coconut flakes 1/4 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, lemon juice, oil, and eggs. Beat well with electric beater for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans and 1 cup coconut. Stir to mix. Pour into baking pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Cool.
Combine frosting with desired amount of lemon extract and coconut extract if desired. Spread frosting on cake and sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Top with pecans.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 310 Fat, gm.: 16 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 37 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire