This simple dessert appears elegant when served in an individual glass dish topped with fresh fruit. On my last trip to Italy, it was the most popular dessert we were served but I am sure that it was made with full fat cream and more sugar. This one is slightly sweet and light and not many calories.
1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin powder 2 tablespoons water 1 cup fat-free half and half 1 cup fat-free milk 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup Splenda or additional sugar 1 cup fat-free sour cream 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
In a medium heavy saucepan, combine gelatin powder and water. Stir to soften gelatin. Add 2 -3 tablespoons of half & half and stir to mix. Add remaining half & half, milk, sugar, and Splenda.
Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture come to a boil. Remove from heat and cool until mixture comes to room temperature and just begins to set. Add sour cream and vanilla. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with fresh fresh fruit.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 6 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says