Ice Cream Sundae with Grilled Pineapple & Honey Rum Sauce
1 medium fresh pineapple 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup rum 1 tablespoon lemon juice 4 cups reduce fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt dash fresh nutmeg, optional dash cinnamon and sugar, optional
Remove peel from pineapple. Cut into 3/4 inch slices and remove core from the middle of each slice. Place slices in zip lock plastic bag.
Combine rum, honey, and lemon juice in a small jar. Cover and shake until well mixed. Pour into bag with the pineapple. Marinate an hour or store in refrigerator until ready to grill.
Heat grill to medium hot heat. Spray grill with grill cooking spray. Remove pineapple from marinade. Place slices directly on the grates and grill until lightly brown on both sides of each piece.
While pineapple is grilling, place marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until it is reduced by half and becomes a syrupy consistency.
To serve, place a slice of pineapple in an individual ice cream serving bowl. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with rum syrup and sprinkle with fresh nutmeg or cinnamon and sugar.
Nutritional Information per servingCalories 220 Fat, gm 3 Protein, gm 3 Carbs, gm 45 Cholesterol, mg 10 Fiber, gm 1.3
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow