Top off your next grilling meal with a special dessert from the grill too. The fresh pineapple with ice cream and rum sauce makes a perfect summer sweet treat.
1 medium fresh pineapple 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup rum 1 tablespoon lemon juice 4 cups reduce fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt dash fresh nutmeg, optional dash cinnamon and sugar, optional
Remove peel from pineapple. Cut into 3/4 inch slices and remove core from the middle of each slice. Place slices in zip lock plastic bag.
Combine rum, honey, and lemon juice in a small jar. Cover and shake until well mixed. Pour into bag with the pineapple. Marinate an hour or store in refrigerator until ready to grill.
Heat grill to medium hot heat. Spray grill with grill cooking spray. Remove pineapple from marinade. Place slices directly on the grates and grill until lightly brown on both sides of each piece.
While pineapple is grilling, place marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until it is reduced by half and becomes a syrupy consistency.
To serve, place a slice of pineapple in an individual ice cream serving bowl. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with rum syrup and sprinkle with fresh nutmeg or cinnamon and sugar.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 220 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 45 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 1.3
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need