If you have never grilled a flank steak, try this fantastic recipe. Flank steak is a very flavorful cut of meat, although it is not super tender. By marinating the steak in this flavorful marinade, the meat is tenderized. It is best to grill or broil with hot heat and serve it medium to medium rare in the middle.
2 pounds flank steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup beer
1/2 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Place flank steak in a large zip-lock plastic bag. In a pint jar, combine all marinade ingredients. Shake to mix. Pour into bag with the meat. Marinate several hours or preferably overnight. Turn occasionally.
When ready to prepare, heat grill or broiler. Remove steak from marinade and grill over hot heat or broil in the oven about 5 - 10 minutes per side or until meat is brown on the outside and pink in the middle. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Slice meat in thin slices, on the diagonal and across the grain.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 15
Protein, gm. 30
Carbs, gm. 3
Cholesterol, mg. 75
Fiber, gm.0 |
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal