The Z Trim added to very lean ground beef makes a good moist hamburger. It allows you to enjoy a juicer hamburger without the extra fat. The bonus is an extra 3 grams of fiber per patty!
3 tablespoons Z Trim powder* 1/4 cup water 8 ounces ground beef, 95% lean salt and pepper, to taste
In a small food process, combine Z Trim powder and water. Blend until smooth. Combine Z Trim mixture with ground beef. Form into 2 patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly grease a non-stick skillet. Heat skillet, Add hamburger patties and cook over medium heat until brown on both sides and cooked through in the middle.
* Z Trim is a high fiber, zero calorie, fat replacement made from corn. It was developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 1998. It can be used in cooking to provide moisture, texture, and add volume to foods.
Z Trim duplicates the taste and texture of fat with zero calories. It can replace up to 50 percent of the oil, butter, or other fats in many recipes, including sauces, soups, dressings, and bakery products. This can significantly reduce the total fat and calories in a recipe and at the same time add fiber without a noticeable change in taste.
Z Trim is sold in 8 ounce bags of powder or as 4 percent gel. It is produced in a plant in Mundlein, Ill. Z Trim is currently sold only on line at www.ztrim.com
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 160 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 25 Carbs, gm.: 0 Cholesterol, mg.: 65 Fiber, gm.: 3.0
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash