This has to be the easiest soup you will ever make. It is one of the few soups recipes that is actually designed to be made in a small enough quantity to serve just two people. Double the recipe for a family meal.
6 ounces extra lean ham, cut in small cubes 1 cup salsa, mild or medium to suit your taste 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained 2 cups fat-free chicken broth 1/4 cup chopped green onions for garnish
In a medium saucepan, combine ham, salsa, beans, and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes to blend flavors. Garnish with onions if desired.
Note: If you would like to prepare this for 4 servings, another suggestion is to add an extra can of white or black beans and an extra cup of broth. My husband thought this soup would also be good with pieces of left-over bratwurst or Italian sausage.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 340 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 29 Carbs, gm.: 33 Cholesterol, mg.: 33 Fiber, gm.: 12.4
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online