1-1/4 pounds turkey tenderloin (3 whole tenderloins)* salt and pepper to taste 8 slices turkey bacon
Basting mixture 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 1/2 cup Splenda or honey
Cut turkey tenderloins into 8 individual pieces.* Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Form each piece into a round medallion shape. Wrap one whole piece of bacon around each turkey medallion. Secure with toothpicks.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and Splenda. Bring to a boil and stir to mix. Remove about half of the mixture and use it to brush each side of the medallions. Heat grill to medium heat. Oil grates of the grill.
Place medallions on the oiled grill and cook over low heat for 20 ? 35 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in the middle to a temperature of 165 degrees. Baste occasionally. Turn to brown on both sides of each piece. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
While meat is on the grill, boil remaining basting mixture in a small pan. Continue to boil until reduced about in half or until it reaches a syrup consistency. Serve on the side with the cooked medallions.
*Note: Whole turkey tenderloins weigh about 6 ? 7 ounces each. Cut each tenderloin into 2 ? 3 pieces depending on its size.
Serves 4 ? 2 medallions per serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 245 Fat, gm.: 8 Protein, gm.: 36 Carbs, gm.: 4 Cholesterol, mg.: 85 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight