1-1/4 pounds turkey tenderloin (3 whole tenderloins)* 8 slices turkey bacon
Basting mixture 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons honey 1 tablespoon canola oil
Cut turkey tenderloins into 8 individual pieces.* Form each piece into a round medallion shape. Wrap one whole piece of bacon around each turkey medallion. Secure with toothpicks.
In a small bowl, combine basting mixture. Mix with immersion hand held blender. Brush each side of the medallions with the mixture.
Heat grill to medium heat. Oil grates of the grill.
Place medallions on the oiled grill and cook over low heat for 25 ? 40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in the middle to a temperature of 165 degrees. Baste often. Turn to brown on both sides of each piece. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
While meat is on the grill, boil remaining basting mixture in a small pan. Continue to boil until reduced in half or until it reaches a syrup consistency. Serve on the side with the cooked medallions.
*Note: Whole turkey tenderloins weigh about 6 ? 7 ounces each. Cut each tenderloin into 2 ? 3 pieces depending on its size.
Serves 4-2 medallions per serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 280 Fat, gm.: 11 Protein, gm.: 36 Carbs, gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 85 Fiber, gm.: 0
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field