Treat yourselves often with this wonderful healthful salmon. The pomegranate sauce gives it an extra zip of flavor.
1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
1/4 cup pomegranate juice 1/4 cup honey 2 tablespoons orange juice 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 tablespoon honey mustard
Cut salmon into 4 individual serving size pieces and set aside in the refrigerator.
In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, honey, orange juice, soy sauce, and honey mustard. Whisk to blend well. Bring to a boil over medium-hot heat. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 - 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced in half and is slightly thickened. It will thicken more as it cools to room temperature. Divide sauce in half. Save one half of it to serve at the table. Use the other half to lightly brush onto skinless sides of each piece of salmon. Let set for 10 - 20 minutes while preheating grill.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Cook salmon on a grill pan, over low to medium heat, until cooked through. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Use a spatula to gently turn as needed.
Serve remaining sauce on the side at the table.
Note: The salmon can also be cooked in a skillet, on the stove, over low to medium heat. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 275 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 34 Carbs, gm.: 21 Cholesterol, mg.: 90 Fiber, gm.: 0.1
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer