Marinate salmon in this wonderful apricot sauce and make enough to serve on the side too.
24 ounces salmon fillets, skin removed
Marinade and Sauce 1 cup sugar-free apricot preserves 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 2 tablespoons sesame oil 1 tablespoon orange juice, optional
Cut salmon into 4 individual serving pieces. Place in zip-lock bag and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine apricot preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Stir over medium heat just until preserves have melted. Cool to room temperature. Add one-half of the mixture to the bag with the salmon. Add sesame oil to the bag. Zip bag shut and gently rotate bag to mix the marinade well with the salmon. Refrigerate 1-3 hours or until ready to grill.
For the sauce, bring the remaining apricot preserve mixture to a boil. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium. Grease grill. Remove salmon from marinade and place on the grill. Discard marinade. Cover grill and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness. Use a spatula to gently turn fillets.
Serve with warm apricot sauce. Thin sauce with orange juice if needed.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 220 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 34 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 90 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005