Donna featured the health benefits of eating more fish and this great salmon recipe. An easy attractive healthy meal. Thyme is the spice that makes it special.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup lentils, washed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Heat grill. In a medium heavy skillet, heat oil and add onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute (do not brown). Add lentils, chicken broth, thyme and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 30 - 40 minutes until lentils are soft. Add grated carrots and parsley. Cook 10 - 15 minutes until carrots are tender. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
While lentils are cooking, sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and thyme. Brush mixture on salmon. Grill salmon over medium heat, turning only one time. Grill until lightly brown on the outside and completely done in the middle. Remove from grill and keep warm.
To serve, spoon lentils on serving plate and top with grilled salmon.
Note: Salmon can also be fried in a small amount of oil over medium heat in a heavy non-stick skillet.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 490 Fat, gm. 16 Protein, gm. 53 Carb. gm. 33 Cholesterol, mg. 90 Fiber very high
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists