The flavor of this special potato salad is fantastic. You may never buy deli salad again. 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut in 1-1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups cubed potatoes) 2 large sweet onions, cut in chunks 1 medium red pepper, cut in strips 2 slices bacon, cut in quarters 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt olive oil spray
Dressing 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 teaspoon white pepper 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
Heat grill to medium hot temperature. Grease a vegetable grill pan. Place potatoes in a large shallow bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at high for 7 - 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. (It may be better to microwave in 2 batches. Unwrap plastic wrap carefully to prevent burning fingers with hot steam.) Drain potatoes. Place potatoes in grill pan.
Add onions, red pepper, and bacon. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Place on grill. Close cover and grill until potatoes are brown and tender. Stir frequently to prevent burning. While potatoes are being grilled, combine dressing ingredients in a small jar.
Shake to mix and set aside. Remove potatoes from grill. Place in large bowl and add dressing. Stir until well mixed. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 235 Fat, gm. 8 Protein, gm. 5 Carb. gm. 36 Cholesterol, mg. 3 Fiber, gm 3.8
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart