4 medium portabella mushrooms caps
Marinade 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon dried herbs of your choice* 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 medium onion, sliced 1 medium roasted red pepper, sliced 2 ounces feta cheese or cheese of your choice
Wash and dry mushroom caps. Place in a zip-lock bag. Add vinegar, olive oil, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix gently and merinate for 10 - 15 minutes.
In a small skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent. Add peppers and cook until tender. Set aside.
Remove mushroom from bag and grill over medium heat until lightly browned and tender. Turn as needed to cook through. Place mushrooms, rounded cap side down, on grill and place cheese on top. Place a spoonful of pepper and onion mixture on top.
Serve on a warm bun or serve on a plate with salad greens. May also be cut into pieces for an appetizer.
*Herbs suggestions include: basil, Italian seasoning, dill weed, or a mixture of herbs such as Lawrys Pinch of Herbs.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart