1 medium fresh pineapple
Marinade 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup rum 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Remove peel from pineapple. Cut into 3/4 inch slices and remove core from the middle of each slice. Place slices in zip lock plastic bag.
Combine rum, honey, and lemon juice in a small jar. Cover and shake until well mixed. Pour into bag with the pineapple. Marinate an hour or store in refrigerator until ready to grill.
Heat grill to medium hot heat. Spray grill with grill cooking spray. Remove pineapple from marinade and grill until lightly brown on both sides of each piece.
While pineapple is grilling, place marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until it is reduced by half and becomes a syrupy consistency.
Serve pineapple slices on the side with grilled meat and drizzle with honey rum sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 125 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 30 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.3
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed