Dress-up your grilled chicken, steak, or burgers with this flavorful mix of mushrooms and onions. Choose the combination of spices and herbs that will compliment your meal.
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or herbs of your choice
Place mushroom and onions in re-sealable plastic bag. Add olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and basil. Gently mix. Refrigerate until ready to use.
When ready to serve, place mushrooms in a greased vegetable grilling basket and grill over medium heat until tender. Mushroom may also be cooked in a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 6
Protein, gm. 3
Carb. gm. 48
Cholesterol, mg. 0
Fiber, gm. 2.3
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls