Make your 4th of July grilled chicken special with this red and blue sauce.
Sauce 1/4 cup raspberry jam 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 1 cup dry white wine 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/2 cup orange juice 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur, optional 1/2 cup fresh blueberries 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
Grilled Chicken 4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves salt and pepper
Sauce - In a small heavy saucepan, combine raspberry jam, vinegar, and wine. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it is reduced to about 3/4 cup. Remove from heat and strain. Pour stained mixture back into saucepan. Mix cornstarch with orange juice in a small glass. Pour into pan. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in Grand Marnier. When ready to serve, gently stir in raspberries and blueberries. Serve warm sauce over grilled chicken.
Chicken - Heat grill to medium-hot heat. Place chicken on grill. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until brown and chicken is completely done. Serve in individual dishes and top with berry sauce.
Note: Grand Marnier is one brand of an orange flavored liqueur.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 220 Fat, gm. 2 Protein, gm. 25 Carb. gm. 25 Cholesterol, mg. 50 Fiber, gm. 0.3
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer