This is a beautiful summer meal.
1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 2 teaspoons dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh basil 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick 2 medium red peppers, cut in chunks 4 fresh ears of corn on the cob, cut in 2" chunks butter spray 4 cherry tomatoes
Cut chicken into 2 inch chunks. Place in zip lock bag. In a small food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, garlic, and pepper. Process until smooth. Pour into bag with the chicken. Zip lock and toss to mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
To prepare the kabobs, alternate zucchini, peppers, corn chunks, and chicken pieces on 4 skewers. Lightly spray kabobs with butter spray. (Discard chicken marinade.)
Heat grill to medium and grill kabobs. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Turn kabobs frequently to cook on all sides. When ready to serve, add a fresh cherry tomato on the end of each kabob.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 250 Fat, gm. 6 Protein, gm. 30 Carbs, gm. 20 Cholesterol, mg. 60 Fiber, gm. 4.0
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam