This salad is beautiful and an easy way to serve fresh summer vegetables.
1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, end trimmed 1 small red onion, thinly sliced 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1 cup (4 ounces) fat-free or low-fat seasoned feta cheese, crumbled*
Dressing 1/4 cup white wine vinegar 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon honey 1 clove garlic, minced 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, cook beans in boiling water until tender-crisp. Chill under cold running water. Drain well. In a large bowl, combine beans, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
In a small food processor, combine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic, and mint. Process until well mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When ready to serve, add dressing to bean mixture and stir gently until well blended.
Note: There are a variety of seasoned feta cheeses available. This recipe is excellent with the Mediterranean flavor which is a blend of basil and sun dried tomatoes.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 120 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 5 Carb, gm.: 11 Cholesterol: 10 Fiber: 3.5
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry