This is a colorful Greek salad with a new twist. Add cooked wheat berries for fiber and texture.
1 cup cooked wheat berries 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half 1/2 cup chopped green or red onions 1/2 cup pitted Greek or black olives 1/2 cup fat-free feta cheese
Dressing:1/4 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon lemon juice 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons honey mustard* salt and pepper to taste
Cook wheat berries according to package instructions. (1/2 cup of raw wheat makes 1 cup cooked wheat berries.) Chill and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, feta cheese, and reserved cooked wheat berries.
In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients. Blend with a hand held immersion blender. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and stir well. Prepare 30 minutes or more before serving to allow flavors to blend.
NOTE: As a substitute for honey mustard, use 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 160 Fat 10 Protein 4 Carbs 14 Cholesterol 0 Fiber 2.7
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates