This is a refreshing, colorful, summer salad and it is so easy to put together. Serve it as a main course vegetarian salad or as a side salad with grilled meat or chicken.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted black olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 ounces fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Splenda or sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large salad bowl, combine beans, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, olives, parsley, and feta cheese. In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients. Mix well and pour over salad. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Other canned beans such as black beans or kidney beans can be added to this salad. Increase the dressing amount as needed.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 270 Fat, gm.: 14 Protein, gm.: 11 Carbs, gm.: 28 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 5.7
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say