The pineapple and raisins make this a unique fried rice dish. It is especially attractive served in a fresh pineapple that has been cut in half or quartered and scooped out.
3 cups cold cooked rice 1 tablespoon canola oil 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder 6 ounces chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces 4 green onions, finely chopped, divided 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup small pieces pineapple 2 tablespoon soy sauce
Set cooked cold rice aside. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Pour beaten egg slowly in the skillet. Cook until done. Remove from pan, cut into small pieces and set aside. Add sesame oil and curry powder to skillet, Add the chicken, white part of the onions, and carrots to the skillet. Cook until chicken is brown. Add reserved rice and cook over medium-hot heat until rice begins to brown. Add raisins, pineapple, and reserved egg. Sprinkle with soy sauce to taste. Add green pieces of the onions and stir to mix.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 265 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 11 Carbs, gm.: 47 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 3.8
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend