The pineapple and raisins make this a unique fried rice dish. It is especially attractive served in a fresh pineapple that has been cut in half or quartered and scooped out.
3 cups cold cooked rice 1 tablespoon canola oil 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder 6 ounces chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces 4 green onions, finely chopped, divided 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup small pieces pineapple 2 tablespoon soy sauce
Set cooked cold rice aside. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Pour beaten egg slowly in the skillet. Cook until done. Remove from pan, cut into small pieces and set aside. Add sesame oil and curry powder to skillet, Add the chicken, white part of the onions, and carrots to the skillet. Cook until chicken is brown. Add reserved rice and cook over medium-hot heat until rice begins to brown. Add raisins, pineapple, and reserved egg. Sprinkle with soy sauce to taste. Add green pieces of the onions and stir to mix.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 265 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 11 Carbs, gm.: 47 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 3.8
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash