Go Packers! Enjoy the game and snack on this Mediterranean appetizer with Packer colors.
6 medium fresh yellow and green Heirloom tomatoes*, thinly sliced 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced 1 medium yellow pepper, thinly sliced 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Dressing 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
On a large serving platter, arrange tomatoes, onions, cheese, green peppers, and yellow peppers in alternating layers. (e.g. layer 1 tomato slice, 1 onion slice, 1 cheese slice, 1 green pepper slice, 1 yellow pepper slice and then repeat). Scatter with basil. In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients. Mix well and drizzle over the platter.
*Heirloom tomato can be found in a wide variety of colors, shapes, flavors and sizes. Choose the yellow and green varieties for this recipe.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 220 Fat, gm.: 13 Protein, gm.: 17 Carbs, gm.: 9 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 1.3
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns