There is something so special about fresh corn. This recipe adds a little color and a great dressing for a real taste treat.
4 large ears of fresh corn 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped red onion
Dressing 1/4 cup olive oil 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon salt dash pepper
Shuck corn and remove the silk. Place corn ears in a large pot of boiling water. Let water return to a boil and blanch (cook quickly) for 5 minutes. Remove corn ears from pan and chill under cold water. Use a sharp knife to cut corn kernels from each ear. Place corn kernels in large bowl. Add green pepper, red pepper, and onion. In a small jar or custard cup, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over corn and peppers. Stir to mix. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Substitute 4cups of frozen corn if fresh corn is out of season.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 190 Fat, gm.: 9 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 3.2
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement