With a few basis ingredients that you probably have on hand, you can make your own enchilada sauce. When I was experimenting with recipes, this one won hands down. It surely beats the enchilada sauce in a can!
2 tablespoons canola oil 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons flour 2 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce 1 tablespoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon cumin dash cayenne pepper
In a medium sauce pan, heat oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add flour and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute as mixture thickens. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Add additional chicken broth to thin to desired consistency.
Add extra cayenne pepper or extra chili powder to taste.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 85 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 8 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.5
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns