Enjoy the first sweet flavors of spring with this dressing made with real maple syrup and served on lettuce greens and fresh fruit.
1/4 cup maple syrup 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons chopped shallots, optional 12 cups fresh spinach or salad greens 1 cup fresh strawberries*, sliced
Place maple syrup, vinegar, oil, mustard, and shallots in a small food processor or blender. Process until well mixed. Taste dressing and add extra vinegar or extra maple syrup to suit your taste.
In a large bowl, combine salad greens and strawberries or other fresh fruit. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Toss to mix well.
Note: Choose any fresh fruit such as raspberries, apples, grapes, or pears.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 140 Fat, gm. 9 Protein, gm. 2 Carbs, gm. 14 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 2.8
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land